EIA and Environmental Planning - Scotland
About this Job:
Are you the type of person who enjoys working in a dynamic environment, where no two days are the same? One that offers you opportunity to work across multiple industry sectors, finding solutions that enables development?
Would you like to work in a environment where you have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of planning and consenting projects, from renewable energy to infrastructure, manufacturing and residential development?
If the answer is yes then we want to hear from you.
Working from our Edinburgh offices on projects across the whole of the UK, we are looking for an ambitious EIA consultant looking to take the next step in their career.
What we are looking for:
An enthusiastic and highly capable EIA practitioner or environmental planner, you will have extensive experience in environmental consenting, project management, and client management and an interest in business development.
To ensure your success, you will be supported and mentored by a committed leadership team, together with excellent support functions, including our award winning GIS team, Marketing, Operations and Administration functions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Management of multi-disciplinary, medium to large-scale projects, on time and on budget.
- Coordination of in-house project teams and management of subcontractors.
- Preparing proposals and contributing to the development of the new business opportunities.
- Seeing the bigger picture to identify challenges, understand complex issues to deliver solutions for our clients.
- Understanding of the different consenting regimes across the UK.
- Managing client/stakeholder relationships.
- Maintaining professional competence through appropriate CPD.
- There will also be an opportunity to mentor junior staff.
The ideal candidate:
You will ideally bring the following key skills and experience:
- A degree in a related subject.
- Experience of renewable energy development, with a desire to work in other sectors.
- A good working knowledge of relevant policy and legislation.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Sound commercial judgement with an ability to forge strong communicative relationships with new and existing clients.
- Membership of a relevant professional body such as IEMA or RTPI.
- Experience of client management, or an appetite to develop client account management experience.
- Proven experience of delivering solutions for clients.
- Ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of the business development pipeline.
Why work for us:
As well as a competitive salary, we offer a discretionary bonus scheme, private medical cover and fully supported professional development.
At Atmos we understand the pressures of modern day life. With a relaxed yet professional environment, we offer flexible approaches to working, underpinned by a culture that promotes and encourages high performance through collaborative team work and innovation.
Atmos has ambitious plans for growth and this role offers the opportunity to contribute to strategic development as well as career development and advancement.
Don’t take our word for it, see what our staff say.
How to apply:
All applicants must be in possession of a valid work permit and must hold a full UK (or EU) driving licence.
No Agencies please.